Botulinum Toxin Type A (Botox Cosmetic) is a prescription medication that has been FDA approved for the use of cosmetic purposes (glabellar frown lines) in the age groups of 18-65 years old. Botox is a purified natural protein derived from the bacterium Clostridium botulinum. Botox Cosmetic is injected into muscles and works by blocking acetylcholine transmission in neuromuscular junctions which interferes with nerve impulses causing muscle relaxation for up to 3-4 months. This muscle relaxation in turn will decrease or eliminate unwanted wrinkles creating a symmetrical smooth appearance. Known primarily for the ability to reduce the appearance of some facial wrinkles, injections are also used to treat such problems as repetitive neck spasms (cervical dystonia), excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis), overactive bladder and some causes of crossed eyes. Botulinum Toxin Type A (Botox Cosmetic) injections may also help prevent chronic migraines in some people.
Botox Injections can be used as a treatment for:
- Migraine Headache
- Repetitive Neck Spasms (Cervical Dystonia)
- Excessive Sweating (Hyperhidrosis)
- Overactive Bladder
- Crossed Eyes
- Lateral Eye Wrinkles (Crows Feet)
- Unresolved Whiplash
- Glabellar Lines (frown lines between the eyes)
- Horizontal Forehead Lines (frontalis muscle)
- Nasal “bunny lines” (nasalis muscle)
- Down turned corners of the mouth
- Lower Eye Lids (periocular fold)
- Dimpled Chin Lines (mentalis muscle)
- Lip Lines (orbicularis oris muscle)
- Neck Bands (platysma muscle)
- Blepharospasm (uncontrolled twitching of the eyelid)
- Nasal Tip Elevation (depressor septi nasi muscle)
- Chronic Pain 100%
- Diabetes 25.8%
- Heart Disease 23.3%
- Cancer 11.9%
It's Time To Get Serious About Chronic Pain
Chronic Pain affects more Americans than diabetes, heart disease and cancer combined. For chronic pain sufferers there is light at the end of the tunnel. Something can be done about your chronic pain.
Contact Us Anywhere, Anytime
Pain Management Specialists
Dr. Miller is passionate about providing his patients with the highest quality of patient care and an overall sense of well being.
If You Need Us, We're Here!
If you are dealing with chronic pain it's time to do something about it. You can find us on your mobile, tablet or PC.
Contact Us for a Free Consultation
Call us @ (602) 828-2141 or contact us on our website for a risk free consultation. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
Contact a Pain Management Specialist